Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Birthday's OVER!

Wow what an exhausting week. Wednesday Kaleigh turned 2, then Friday Hannah and Kaleigh had a birhtday party, and then Sunday we had a family party for family! Every other day Kaleigh was opening presents she woke up yesterday and said Taleigh's birthday, (can't say her K's), I had to tell her nope it's all over now!Great grandma left today and my aunt left yesterday so now it's time to get back on track and get back to our day to day routine...boring! We had a great time with all of our family, in fact we only see one part of our family when my grandma is in town, which is so sad seeing as how we all live in the same city. It made me sad to see six of my cousins and uncle for the first time in probably 10 years, some I saw for the first time, and a few I saw three years ago. They lived a very hard life and I hate my aunt and uncle for it, I want to adopt them all and give them a home they will feel safe in but they are 17-32 years old now. How do you neglect your children that bad and how do you just turn your child over to the foster care system telling them you can't care for them any longer?! I was actually amazed they all turned out as decent as they are, two of them have served prison time, and the others have all had their share of run ins with the police, but they are still such good kids, I just can't believe all they have been through! However it was great to meet them all again and I am determined to build a relationship with them I just hope I don't get burned! Overall it was a really fun week with family and friends, and of course I am a bad mom who took no pictures, but my dad & Heather did so there will be plenty of pics soon!!

No comments: