Thursday, October 29, 2009

I Survived!

So Tuesday I went to the Dr. to be checked still praying and hoping for a miracle, but after talking with her and her telling me well see you tomorrow for your c-section my hoping got me nowhere. Came home later that afternoon to realize I was in labor. Put off going to the hospital for a while and finally went at 6:30 that night and was sent for an emergency c-section at 7:30. She was trying to turn but didn't make it and when they checked me I was 100% effaced and she felt toes right there. So by 8:11pm my little naughty girl was here! Good thing she's cute! So while in the tiage the drug man came in to talk to me (I have no idea how to spell anastegeologist?) and I begged him to not let me throw up. (For those of you that don't know me it's my biggest phobia, fear ever!!!!) He looked at me and said over half of the women throw up...rude!! But he gave me cocktail of anti-vomit medicine as soon as the cord was cut and I did good! Besides shaking uncontrollably for 2 hours after wards everything was fairly easy and very quick. If anything what they make you drink before you go in is like drinking vomit! Recovery is very slow and equally annoying but they let me come home before 48 hours and I was determined to get unhooked from all the cords and I.V's you're hooked up to. I however would never opt for this way and would never want to do it again. Vaginal births are soooo much easier and you can atleast move around and not be hunched over like a 95 yr old woman:)
Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts I really needed that and appreciate everything!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I'vr had 2 c sections and was SO scared the first time too. I am glad you made it through. I had the shakes terribly afterward too - it was awful. I am actually scared of having a baby vaginally now - although I never can now after 2 c sections. Congrats on your new little one. Post pictures soon.